Monday, July 26, 2010

The Hard "Good-Byes"

It's only Monday and I am so ready for this week to be over with. Yesterday was particularly hard as my Dad came to town to go to church with us 'for one last time'. After church, we went for lunch and then said our good-byes on the front step of the restaurant. I was a blubbering idiot and he was trying to be so strong for me. I just remember him holding me, whispering..."It's gonna be okay, it's gonna be okay". And reflecting on this still makes me cry!

My biggest apprehension about this whole move is that I feel like I'm letting people down by leaving. My family, my friends, my clients and my "ministries" at church. I have felt a lot of love in this whole endeavor and it's a great thing! But it is particularly hard when I can feel how tightly people are holding on. It reminds me of Fall, the colors are beautiful and there is a slight change in the weather. With that, leaves start falling and temps drop...things start dying away and then winter comes. But THEN comes glorious spring! If it wasn't for this dying off, we wouldn't have this beautiful spring! Please let the "beautiful spring" in this adventure of my life start soon!

In two more days, I will close up my massage therapy studio and walk away from some pretty incredible people, my clients. In five days, I will move away from two of the most important people of my life, my niece and nephew. In a week and a half, I will voluntarily separate from my beloved spouse as he returns to Iowa for work until he finds something in New Mexico. Please Lord, let this "beautiful spring" start soon!

No comments: