Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Reinventing Myself

In about 10 days and 20 some hours, I get to begin the journey of reinventing myself. On July 31st, Roger and I will pull out of hometown Iowa and head to a new life in Santa Fe, New Mexico. How many people have this opportunity to "start over"? I am simply thrilled!

Of course, this is a bittersweet re-invention. I am leaving behind family (particularly a beautiful niece and a loveable nephew); my clients, who have been so faithful to my massage business; my "church family" and many friends. This is the longest we have lived anywhere - and we've never had a network of people in our lives like we do here. So yes, it is bittersweet.

The possibilities are endless! And while I know there will be some limitations on my life due to being in school full-time, it still feels limitless. I can already feel my mind expanding both with the knowledge I will gain in classes but also just an openess of the spirituality of the place. On one of my trips to Santa Fe, a shuttle drive told me that the state motto is "The Land of Enchantment. But really it should be called the 'Land of Entrapment', because once you get here, you can't leave". I believe this to be true. There is something hallowed about that place - and I GET TO LIVE THERE! Bring on all the opportunities and possibilities I can stand - I AM READY!

No comments: