Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Going Paleo?

It's been about a year and a half since a very good friend of mine started touting the benefits of the Paleo Diet.  When I first started hearing bits and pieces, I thought...well I guess I don't really know what I thought other than it would really mess up the way I cook, eat, live.

Instead of just letting the information come in one ear and go out the other, I recently started doing my own research.  Listening to Podcasts of Sean Croxton, reading recipes from the Civilized Caveman and ABSOLUTELY loving to listen to Able James speak (I'm a sucker for a deep, sexy voice) about this lifestyle.

At the onset of this new year, my husband Roger and I decided that we would give this a try and so far, it's pretty amazing.  Bacon and Eggs for breakfast - oh heck yeah!  So I must go back now and apologize to my good friend, whom I've made fun of and teased.  I think we are really on to something.

As part of my transition to this diet, I'm having a great time deconstructing recipes and making them more Paleo.   I call most of them "Almost Paleo" as I am sure that I am not always very pure about my approach.  So this blog will be dedicated to my attempts in the kitchen and realizations of a life changed by being more mindful and intentional with the food I put in my body.

No comments: