Thursday, February 7, 2013

Who Can Resist a Brownie?




THANK YOU - "The Primal Blueprint Cookbook" for your 'Walnut Meal Brownies'...there is some decadence in the world of Paleo.  Well...my definition of decadence may be a little off, since I started eating healthier.  But these are WONDERFUL!

Again, it's "Almost Paleo" because of course I had to alter the recipe a little.  I had some butterscotch chips in the freezer just wanted to be used, so I threw in 1/2 a handful - the buttery flavor they lend to the brownies is fantastic.  It took me a while to figure it out when I first tasted them.  They melted down so much (and there were so few of them) that I kind of forgot they were there.  It wasn't until I went to bed last night that I finally figured it out.  Talk about mindless eating!  Wow - I made the darn things and couldn't remember that I snuck forbidden ingredients into them!

It's been about 5 weeks since I started eating this way and I can honestly say I feel so much better for it.  Last night was the community meal at church and we served Pizza.  For me, Pizza has always been my favorite "Perfect" food - so how could I not indulge?  Well let me just say, it was not a good experience - Pizza is no longer my friend.  My gut was not happy and I will continue on this Paleo journey and find some new friends.  Good bye evil pizza!


No comments: